House Updates // Family Room Inspiration

October 30, 2013

The current state of our family room (brace yourself!):


Embarrassinggggggggggggg!!!!!! (Except the adorable bebes hidden amongst the clutter.)

She's finally getting a makeover!! Outside of the glorious rug (bona fide Persian addict here), this room has become the catchall for items we brought with us from our loft almost two years ago. While several of these pieces will stay, I've been waiting and waiting (and waiting) to find a sectional that I can stand to look at for a price I can stomach. I like that a sectional will streamline the appearance of the room and add lounging capacity for more than two people. Though I'm pretty frugal in the first place, I just can't see investing a lot of money in a piece of furniture when we're a young family with fur babies. So, naturally, I scour Craigslist and consignment for inexpensive options. Lucky for me, this baby popped up:

(seller's space)

She's purty, right? And an absolute steal. (Coincidentally, she's also on sale at Macy's with great reviews.) And I don't have to have her reupholstered (read: too many options for me to make a decision)! It's a little more modern than what I hoped to find, but it's in pristine condition and I think I can temper the modern enough with other elements in the room. Picking her up tonight and then we can finally get the "orphan" room together. This room opens up to our dining room, so I'm in hopes that it will help me finally make some calls for both spaces. Hallelujah!

Some of my inspiration for the family room:


















images mostly from Lonny, Rue, and Apartment Therapy

I know I'm all over the place. Can't be helped. Somehow, my inspiration always comes together in the end (at least, that's what my friends always told me in design school). If I can muster the time/energy, I'll put together some inspiration boards to make ask you to evaluate. And, for the love, someone find me a reasonably priced burlwood console so I can put the obsession to rest. Pleaseandthankyou.

15 comments:

Albertina M. Cisneros said...

I know about the burlwood obsession....le sigh....I also pinned that photo from Jessica's post yesterday....do you know what fabric that is on the two benches below?? in love with it.

I love all your inspiration and ave no doubt this project will be a success. Can't wait to see more!

Sadie + Stella said...

That coffee table would have rocked it in that space!

charmaine said...

Love all your inspiration pics. Your space is going to be awesome. If only you lived closer, I have a burl credenza I'm trying to get rid of.

Elizabeth @ The Little Black Door said...

Score! Love your inspiration pics. Cant' wait to see the big reveal!

Jacquelyn | lark & linen said...

You are a craigslist master, I have to say

Meghan said...

I actually think that your inspiration images have lots in common with each other--great light for one, but also neutral major furniture with colorful patterned pillows, lots of texture, brass (of course ;), wood accents, and great art. Can't wait to see how this turns out!

Katie Waddell said...

Yay for that sectional! Can't wait to see this room all done...loving every single inspiration pic. I'm all over the place too ;)

Anonymous said...

I love it! I can't wait to see how you style it in your space. We need a new sectional in our family room too, and this is definitely a contender.

Naomi@DesignManifest said...

oh man that burlwood console is sick!

So the sofa and rug are a great base to work with. Excited to see some progress in here. Will accept moodboards as well :)

Alexa said...

See I'm all over the place too. Love all of your pretty inspiration. And that little baby? So adorbs! :)

Gaby [The Vault Files] said...

Loving all these spaces for inspiration!! I look at them and then look at my living room and they make me want to change it all!

Unknown said...

Glorious! All you need are the sofa, rug, and le petite bebe. Finis!

my favorite and my best- MFAMB to you said...

preachin to the choir sister. i too desire a sectional for the very same reasons. and for the very same reasons i don't have one yet.
the inspirations are inspiring my inspirations. thank you.

also your living room is still leaps and bounds above most people's so...there's that.

Leah said...

there truly are so many ways you could go with this and any of the inspirations would be beautiful! great find!

Unknown said...

Love all of these! I swear, fixing up a family is like furnishing a outdoor area (or two). Good luck with everything! Hope you're able to relax soon and enjoy with family.
Outdoor Furniture

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

© Because It's Awesome All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk Powered by Blogger